Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51315)
7.30am - 4:00pm
Course Dates and Locations
|22-26 May 2017||17-21 July 2017||25-29 Sept 2017||27 Nov – 01 Dec 2017|
Construction Training Centre
Address: Gate 2. Suite 1.4, 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury QLD 4107
Parking: On site. Ian Barclay Building - located through Gate 2 at 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury. Access to Gate 2 is via the slip road under the Beaudesert Rd overpass.
Map: Click here for directions
To locate our facility in the Ian Barclay Building download the map here
OHSA are Safety Experts First – trainer’s next! We have forged proud and distinguished careers in this industry and have established an enviable reputation as Experts. We aren’t a nobody that has to pay $000’s on Google Adwords to rank highest on search engines. We invite you to first compare some of the professional and community projects which our people and company have engaged in before you consider training with another organisation. If you can find an organisation with a more distinguished track record then we would suggest you choose them. Our brand is your competitive edge over another person vying for the same job as you. OHSA is a recognised brand known and trusted by industry and prospective employers. Having trained over 50,000 students we must be doing something right.
The Diploma of WHS, available face to face in Gold Coast and Brisbane and online Australia wide will provide participants with a professional safety qualification enabling the graduate to fulfil the role of WHS Officer / Supervisor or Manager in an organisation.
This course is aimed at people who work, or wish to work, as professional WHS Officers at a workplace. Workers with these qualifications would include WHS Practitioners, Supervisors and Managers at both middle and senior management levels.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety available face to face in Gold Coast and Brisbane and online Australia wide, contains nine (9) competencies and are all completed at the pace of the student, with a maximum period of 18 months. Each unit has specific learning outcomes and is structured for self-paced learning. Upon completion of each unit, students are to submit the assessment tasks for marking.
To complete the Diploma course, all nine (9) WHS units must be passed.
- BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risks
- BSBWHS504 Manage WHS risks
- BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to the developing, implementing and maintaining of WHS management systems
- BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
- BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related Health and Safety measures and initiatives
- BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
You must satisfy the following prerequisite requirements:
- 5 core units from BSB41415 Certificate IV in WHS or equivalent
- Extensive vocational experience in work health and safety roles
- Experience in a safety role, which includes the development and review of safety systems
- Language, literacy and numeracy for Diploma level and computer skills, e.g. basic word processing and ability to access internet resources.
Preferred pathway into qualification include: achievement of BSB41415 Certificate IV in WHS or equivalent, evidence of competency in majority of units for BSB41415 or extensive vocational experience in providing guidance on WHS matters. You will need to complete a Safety Skills Assessment to demonstrate the completion of a Certificate IV in WHS or a high level of relevant knowledge and skills in order to be accepted into the course.
Take a look at our other courses
Whether you need return to work coordinator training or a comprehensive white card course, we have the programs for you! For more information on our diploma of WHS available in Brisbane, Gold Coast and online Australia wide, or for any of our other courses, call us on 1300 OHSA 00 today.
Assessments and Awards
Participants who demonstrate competency by passing both the theory and practical assessments will receive a the qualification:
Diploma of Work Health and Safety – BSB51315
Participants who complete individual units will receive a ‘Statement of Attainment’ for those units.
Participants must complete this course within 18 months of course commencement.