Forklift License | Brisbane Training Course
8 - 4pm
Course Dates and Locations
|07 Aug 2017||04 Sept 2017||02 Oct 2017||06 Nov 2017||04 Dec 2017|
|14 Aug 2017||11 Sept 2017||09 Oct 2017||13 Nov 2017||11 Dec 2017|
|21 Aug 2017||18 Sept 2017||16 Oct 2017||20 Nov 2017||18 Dec 2017|
|28 Aug 2017||25 Sept 2017||23 Oct2017||27 Nov 2017|
Construction Training Centre
Address: Gate 2. Suite 1.4 Ian Barclay Building, 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury QLD 4107
Parking: On site. Ian Barclay Building - located through Gate 2 at 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury
Map: Click here for directions
To locate our facility in the Ian Barclay Building download the map here
This unit of competency covers the functions required to prepare and operate a forklift.
This unit involves planning the work for the prevailing working conditions, using the controls and operating systems to manage the operation of the equipment, locating the load and identifying the load characteristics, safely moving the load, monitoring the controls and stopping, shutting down and securing the equipment after the completion of operations.
Workers required to move materials around a work sites, load trucks, stack and store goods and materials, etc.
This licence provides good employment entry options in a wide range of industries for workers.
Candidates will be trained in the following:
- Components, controls and features of forklifts and their functions;
- Operating principles and operating methods;
- Legislative requirements with regard to licensing;
- Loadshifting processes and procedures including work platforms;
- Principles of the safe removal of obstacles and hazards from the workplace;
- The hazard control measures with elimination, substitution, isolation and engineering control measures being selected before safe work practices and personal protective equipment;
- Workplace communication procedures;
- Obtain licenses and permits e.g. if forklift is to be driven on a public road;
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally responsible workplace practices;
- Electrical hazards;
- Load masses.
Trainees will provide their own safety boots and work clothes.
OHSA will provide the training site and equipment as required.
Assessments and Awards
After training and a successful assessment trainees will be given a Statement of Attainment by OHSA and will receive a National operators Licence from WHSQ.