Rescue from Live LV Panel & CPR Refresher
HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Course Dates and Locations
|13 Mar 2017||10 Apr 2017||08 May 2017||05 June 2017||03 July 2017||14 July 2017||04 Sept 2017|
|27 Mar 2017||24 Apr 2017||22 May 2017||19 June 2017||17 July 2017||21 July 2017||18 Sept 2017|
|31 July 2017|
Construction Training Centre
Address: Gate 2. Suite 1.4, 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury
Parking: On site. Ian Barclay Building - located through Gate 2 at 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury. Access to Gate 2 is via the slip road under the Beaudesert Rd overpass.
Map: Click here for directions
To locate our facility in the Ian Barclay Building download the map here
UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel is the latest update for the qualification formerly known as Low Voltage Rescue course LVR001. The course is designed to educate participants on risks associated with rescues involving low voltage electrical hazards, how to assess the risk and how to remove an individual from the hazardous area. Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 QLD requires this training to be undertaken at least every 12 months.
Those required to rescue a person in contact with low voltage live electrical conductors and equipment including safety observers.
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious, breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Legal issues
- Infection control
- Defibrillation awareness
Perform rescue from a live LV panel (UETTDRRF06B)
Participants should be able to show an understanding of rescue from a live LV panel and demonstrate the emergency procedures for the skills required for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel.
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (HLTAID001)
This course provides the skills to recognise and then manage a casualty who is unconscious and is not breathing. CPR is a lifesaving technique which can sustain life until an ambulance arrives. OHSA recommends, in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that CPR skills are recertified every 12 months.
Participants should have sufficient literacy and numeracy to read and comprehend instructions at the workplace. Participants will need sufficient physical ability to squat, kneel, bend, lift and carry objects during the practical scenarios i.e. performing rescue of a person from a simulated scenario.
Assessments and Awards
Participants who demonstrate competency by passing both the theory and practical assessments will receive a Statement of Attainment:
- UETTDRRF06B – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation