TAEDES401 – Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402 – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401 – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAEDEL402 – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402 – Assess competence
TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools
TAELLN411 – Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills
BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
# Delivered via a third party agreement with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO 30831 http://www.hbta.edu.au/index.html
NOTE: This course is currently in a TEACH OUT period and is therefore ONLY available to currently enrolled/completed OHSA Cert IV TAE40116 students that have attended the initial 5 Day* Block A program. The FIVE DAY* BLOCK B program is $1,500 . You can select your BLOCK B online through our website. Locations & Dates for Block B are here below. The qualification is issued by Healthy Business Training Academy RTO 30831 as the principle RTO and all enrollments will be through HBTA. http://www.hbta.edu.au/index.html
Do your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment with OHSA the industry leaders in Health Safety and Training! The TAE40116 is the most current training and assessment course that supersedes the older TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course.
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (also referred to as Cert 4 TAE) is your pathway to further your career/resume in this exciting field.
Where can this qualification take me?
* How does the course work?
How do I book and pay for this course?
You will also be required to select and book into a second five (5) day Block B. OHSA is currently teaching out this course (due to ASQA changes regarding third party arrangements for the delivery of the TAE program) which is why only Block B are being offered to current OHSA TAE students. All enrollment details will be passed to the principle RTO for processing. Please visit the following link for detailed information on course http://www.hbta.edu.au/fees.html
|Block A (Not Available)||Block B|
|Gold Coast||Sept 2-6, 2019|
|Brisbane||Sept 16-20, 2019|
|Brisbane||Sept 23-27, 2019|
|Brisbane||Sept 30-Oct 4, 2019|
|Gold Coast||Oct 7 – 11, 2019|
# Delivered via a third party agreement with Healthy Business Training Academy RTO 30831
Ideally for those who have experience in training and assessing in an enterprise environment and are able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area.
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
This qualification (or the skill sets derived from units of competency within it) is also suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
There are four main subjects of focus:
• Designing learning
• Delivering training
• Competency based assessment
• Addressing adult L&N skills
Here the focus is on training packages. Training packages represent the national benchmarks for nationally recognised vocational outcomes in the vocational education and training system. They are an integrated set of nationally endorsed competency standards, Assessment Guidelines and Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications for a specific industry, industry sector or enterprise. Training Packages consist of:
a. endorsed components of: competency standards, assessment guidelines and qualifications, and
b. optional non-endorsed components of: support materials such as learning strategies, assessment resources and professional development materials.
Training packages contain the competency standards (known as ‘units’ of competency) that form the benchmarks for training and assessment in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
After participating in the training activities relating to Designing Learning, participants should be able to:
• Explain what VET is and what VET stands for
• Explain what a training package and what an accredited course is, and identify the difference between each
• Analyse and interpret each of the three endorsed components of a Training Package for client applications
• Define a unit of competency and:
– identify the key components of a unit of competency
– summarise the information provided in each component of a unit of competency and describe how this information guides the process of designing and developing learning programs.
Here the focus is equally on planning, organising and delivering group-based learning and planning, organising and facilitating learning in the workplace.
At the end of the program, participants should be able to:
● describe the adult learning theories, styles and principles outlined in this manual, and apply these when delivering training
● ensure a healthy and safe learning experience
● identify training and learning needs
● define clear and measureable learning outcomes (objectives)
● plan, organise and deliver the following types of training, using communication and facilitation skills that promote learning:
– work skill instruction
– workplace learning
– group-based learning
– a presentation as part of a group training session
● maintain training records
● evaluate training and identify opportunities for improvement.
Competency based assessment
This section focuses on assessment—what assessment is and how assessments should work. Particular attention will be paid to competency-based assessment, the form of assessment used within the Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) system.
By the end of training, participants should be able to:
● explain competency-based assessment and describe how it works, identify the four Principles of Assessment and explain how they guide all stages of the assessment process
● use Training Package competency standards as the basis for assessment
● clarify personal roles and responsibilities in an assessment process
● prepare assessment plans for RPL and training and assessment pathway assessments
● develop assessment tools and instruments
● Conduct RPL and training and assessment pathway assessments
● prepare for assessment validation
● contribute to validation process and outcomes
Address adult Language, literacy & Numeracy skills (LLN)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) is crucial to effectively being part of society and life generally. LLN skills are defined as the skills necessary to read, write, communicate and use mathematics at our workplace, and in our daily lives.
By the end of training participants should be able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge a vocational trainer or assessor requires to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment, and to use resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group. Including:
The analysis of LLN requirements of:
• the training specification
• essential workplace performance
• the learner group
• Selecting and using resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements
• Using specialist LLN support where required
• Evaluating the effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements
There are no specific entry requirements, ideally to enrol course learners should be able to demonstrate competency within their proposed teaching and assessing area.
You are required to bring your laptop (USB port required) in order to participate in the course.
Healthy Business Training Academy’s policies can be found via the following link http://www.hbta.edu.au/policies.html Please also visit http://www.hbta.edu.au/fees.html to review the complaint and appeals processes including requesting refunds. The principle RTO for this qualification is Healthy Business Training Academy RTO 30831
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – Block B TAE40116
5 day* Face to Face block
& Self paced study
Sign up for a Corporate Account and receive great discounts and other benefits