OHSA Consultants are often engaged to audit an organisation’s OH&S systems, policies, procedures and performance. Audits are based on AS 4804 or various jurisdiction guidelines (i.e. Safety MAP, Tri-safe etc).
We are also able to provide preparatory audits for self-insurance or 4801 certification.
OHSA was instrumental in assisting one of its clients to achieve:
• Winner of 2003 Telstra / NSCA Overall Excellence Award; and
• Winner of Best Implementation of OH&S Management System.
OHSA typically conducts desk-top interviews of various levels of the organisation and then a walk-through physical inspection of the workplace to determine compliance with relevant standards.
The results are then presented to senior management outlining:
• Current status/compliance and effectiveness of OHS management systems, policies, procedures;
• Physical hazard management effectiveness;
• Areas for continuous improvement opportunities;
• Action Plans which set out priorities, targets and timelines.
OHSA is able to then work with the client to:
• Develop OH&S Management Systems, Policies, Procedures, Plans, Work Method Statements etc;
• Provide training packages for various organisational levels;
• Deliver hazard specific training to target audiences.
Other topic Specific OH&S Audits include (but are not limited to):