Working at Heights training, Brisbane, Gold Coast and on-site
8am - 4:30pm
Brisbane, Gold Coast
Course Dates and Locations
|07 June 2017||05 July 2017||04 August 2017||04 Sept 2017||02 Oct 2017||01 Nov 2017||06 Dec 2017|
|12 June 2017||10 July 2017||07 August 2017||06 Sept 2017||04 Oct 2017||08 Nov 2017||11 Dec 2017|
|14 June 2017||12 July 2017||09 August 2017||13 Sept 2017||11 Oct 2017||13 Nov 2017||13 Dec 2017|
|21 June 2017||19 July 2017||16 August 2017||18 Sept 2017||16 Oct 2017||15 Nov 2017||20 Dec 2017|
|26 June 2017||24 July 2017||21 August 2017||20 Sept 2017||18 Oct 2017||22 Nov 2017|
|28 June 2017||26 July 2017||23 August 2017||27 Sept 2017||25 Oct 2017||27 Nov 2017|
|30 August 2017||30 Oct 2017||29 Nov 2017|
Construction Training Centre
Address: Gate 2. Suite 1.4, 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury
Parking: On site. Ian Barclay Building - located through Gate 2 at 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury. Access to Gate 2 is via the slip road under the Beaudesert Rd overpass.
Map: Click here for directions
To locate our facility in the Ian Barclay Building download the map here
|06 June 2017||04 July 2017||08 August 2017||05 Sept 2017||03 Oct 2017||07 Nov 2017||05 Dec 2017|
|13 June 2017||11 July 2017||15 August 2017||12 Sept 2017||10 Oct 2017||14 Nov 2017||12 Dec 2017|
|20 June 2017||18 July 2017||22 August 2017||19 Sept 2017||17 Oct 2017||21 Nov 2017||19 Dec 2017|
|27 June 2017||25 July 2017||29 August 2017||26 Sept 2017||24 Oct 2017|
|31 Oct 2017|
OHSA Training Rooms - West Burleigh
Address: 5/90 Township Drive, West Burleigh Qld 4219
Parking: All day FREE street parking is available. No parking on premises.
Map: Click here for directions
Working at Heights training course in Brisbane and throughout QLD, special $239. Falls from work at heights is a major hazard for many industries. People who work at height should receive appropriate training to understand the associated hazards and appropriate risk management controls implemented in Brisbane and throughout QLD. This course has been designed for those that may be required to work at heights and use safety harnesses and fall arrest equipment.
The training course is relevant to those who work at various height and use safety harnesses and fall arrest equipment or those that are required to supervise others that work high off the ground.
Candidates will be trained in the following:
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Management
- What is working safely at heights?
- Fall risks
- Anchor points
- Harnesses and belts
- Fall protection equipment
- Fall arrest equipment
- Calculating fall clearance
- Accessing fall risk areas
- Safe Working on roofs
- Calculating fall clearance, inspection care and maintenance of equipment
Upon completion, participants will be able to competently:
- Select suitable height safety equipment;
- Perform inspection on height safety equipment;
- Understand when not to use height safety equipment;
- Wear and maintain height safety equipment;
- Select a suitable anchorage point and how to safety use it;
- Install and use fall arrest and fall restraint system;
- Store and care for necessary equipment;
- Identify appropriate rescue procedures;
- Understand legislation, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice relevant to working and being safe at various heights and fall prevention equipment
- Course Requirements
- Participants must wear appropriate safety clothing including long sleeved shirt, trousers, safety boots, helmet, glasses and gloves. If possible participants are advised to attend with their own safety harness.
Participants should have sufficient literacy and numeracy to read and comprehend instructions for safety at the workplace. Participants will need sufficient physical ability to lift up to 20kg infrequently from ground to overhead and access heights above 2m.
Other programs on offer
You might also be interested in some of our training programs relating to working in confined spaces, as well as our white card courses in Brisbane and the rest of QLD. Call us on 1300 OHSA 00 to find out more.
Assessments and Awards
Participants who demonstrate competency by passing both the theory and practical assessments will receive a Statement of Attainment: ‘Work Safely at Height – RIIWHS204D’