Our Extensive Rehabilitation Return to Work Coordinator Training Course
'Best course I've ever been to!' HSE Advisor, Hutchinson Builders Nov.2015
8am - 4:30pm
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast
Course Dates and Locations
|14 Jun 2016||12 Jul 2016||09 Aug 2016||06 Sep 2016||10 Oct 2016||01 Nov 2016||13 Dec 2016|
|28 Jun 2016||26 Jul 2016||23 Aug 2016||20 Sep 2016||18 Oct 2016||15 Nov 2016|
|29 Nov 2016|
Construction Training Centre
Address: Gate 2. Suite 1.4, 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury QLD 4107
Parking: On site. Ian Barclay Building - located through Gate 2 at 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury. Access to Gate 2 is via the slip road under the Beaudesert Rd overpass.
Map: Click here for directions
To locate our facility in the Ian Barclay Building download the map here
|24 Jun 2016||22 Jul 2016||19 Aug 2016||16 Sep 2016||14 Oct 2016||11 Nov 2016||09 Dec 2016|
OHSA Training Rooms - West Burleigh
Address: 5/90 Township Drive, West Burleigh Qld 4219
Parking: All day FREE street parking is available. No parking on premises.
Map: Click here for directions
|30 Sep 2016||23 Dec 2016||17 Mar 2017|
Address: Cairns - TBA
|29 Sep 2016||22 Dec 2016||16 Mar 2017|
Address: Townsville - TBA
|28 Sep 2016||21 Dec 2016||15 Mar 2017|
Mackay - TBA
Address: Mackay - TBA
|27 Sep 2016||20 Dec 2016||14 Mar 2017|
Address: Rockhampton - TBA
|26 Sep 2016||19 Dec 2016||13 Mar 2017|
Address: Sunshine Coast - TBA
This training course was originally designed by the Worker’s Compensation Regulator (formerly Q-Comp) and licensed to approved training organisation including OHSA. The course is designed to provide an introduction to the management of injured workers in Queensland according to the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 QLD & Regulation 2014 QLD.
It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure their Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator is appropriately qualified and competent to carry out their role as per S.226 of the Act. It is also the responsibility of the RRTWC that they understand the principles of managing injured workers with reference to the legislation and best practice injury management principles and is able to fulfil the Functions of a RRTWC as per Reg 114 of the Regulation.
OHSA is the No. 1 provider of this course in Qld. We have trained over 5,000 RRTW Coordinators over the past 10 years. Our trainers all have Post Graduate Allied Health Qualifications and extensive experience managing workplace injuries. This ensures that we are able to offer good advice to difficult cases you may currently be experiencing.
Students who enrol with OHSA also receive Sample Workplace Rehabilitation Policy & Procedures, Injured Worker Pack with templates letters, forms and brochures, Rehab System Audit Template, Legislation, and Power-point Presentation on Workplace Rehabilitation for Workers and Managers which will save you lots of time and heaps of $$$$.
This course will be suitable for any of the following:
- Human Resources Personnel
- Safety Advisors/ Officers / Auditors
- Allied Health Practitioners
- Insurers and Case Managers
- Managers and Business Owners
This course is designed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- Assist the employer to discharge legislative obligations as outlined in the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003, including any amendments and apply a working knowledge of this legislation;
- Coordinate the return to the workplace of an injured worker recognising current workplace rehabilitation best practice guidelines;
- Coordinate the development of a policy, procedures and appendices, to manage workplace rehabilitation within their own workplace;
- Raise the awareness of other members of the workforce (supervisors, managers, workers) regarding workplace rehabilitation;
- Identify the practical steps and administrative (paper work) procedures required following the injury of a worker and throughout their rehabilitation;
- Identify the role of key persons involved in the rehabilitation process;
- Communicate with injured workers, management, treating medical practitioners, worker’s compensation insurers’ staff and other key persons involved in the workplace rehabilitation process;
- Establish a plan (or work with an external provider to establish a plan) which meets the needs of an injured worker.
Upon completion of our training course, participants will be able to competently:
- Describe considerations for workplace rehabilitation in relation to a specific organisation;
- Locate information relevant to rehabilitation in the Queensland legislation;
- Coordinate rehabilitation with relevant stakeholders, particularly in relation to the recognition of paperwork, which may be used to facilitate the rehabilitation process;
- Identify the basic elements for keeping accurate and objective case notes containing details of communications between the worker, the rehabilitation and return to work coordinator and other relevant parties in order to monitor the effectiveness of rehabilitation;
- Create a basic two week suitable duties program;
- Identify methods of communicating workplace rehabilitation information to the workplace and to deliver basic information relating to this.
There are no pre-requisites for this course. Pre-reading activities will be sent to students upon enrolment. Students must complete the pre-reading and assessment questions prior to attending the course. There may be some post course work.
Assessments and Awards
BSBWHS407 – Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs