Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator Training Course
'Best course I've ever been to!' HSE Advisor, Hutchinson Builders Nov.2015
8am - 4:30pm
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Mackay
Course Dates and Locations
|8 Mar 2016||5 Apr 2016||03 May 2016||14 June 2016||12 July 2016||09 Aug 2016||06 Sep 2016|
|22 Mar 2016||19 Apr 2016||31 May 2016||28 June 2016||26 July 2016||23 Aug 2016||20 Sep 2016|
Construction Training Centre
Address: Gate 2. Suite 1.4, 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury QLD 4107
Parking: On site. Ian Barclay Building - located through Gate 2 at 492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury. Access to Gate 2 is via the slip road under the Beaudesert Rd overpass.
Map: Click here for directions
To locate our facility in the Ian Barclay Building download the map here
|04 Mar 2016||01 Apr 2016||27 May 2016||24 June 2016||22 July 2016||19 Aug 2016||16 Sep 2016|
|29 Apr 2016|
OHSA Training Rooms - Palm Beach
Address: 34/1176 Gold Coast Highway, Palm Beach QLD 4220
Cnr 8th Ave and Gold Coast Highway - Upstairs
Parking: Parking is located onsite at rear of building complex in rear 2 bays (all day free) or on street (1,2 or 8 hours free according to signage)
Map: Click here for directions
|19 Feb 2016||13 May 2016||10 June 2016|
Mackay - TBA
Address: Mackay - TBA
Special Offer: FREE LUNCH AND…
Students who enrol with OHSA also receive Sample Workplace Rehabilitation Policy & Procedures, Injured Worker Pack with templates letters, forms and brochures, Rehab System Audit Template, Legislation, and Power-point Presentation on Workplace Rehabilitation for Workers and Managers which will save you lots of time and heaps of $$$$.
This training course was originally designed by the Worker’s Compensation Regulator (formerly Q-Comp) and licensed to approved training organisation including OHSA. The course is designed to provide an introduction to the management of injured workers in Queensland according to the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 QLD & Regulation 2014 QLD.
It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure their Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator is appropriately qualified and competent to carry out their role as per S.226 of the Act. It is also the responsibility of the RRTWC that they understand the principles of managing injured workers with reference to the legislation and best practice injury management principles and is able to fulfil the Functions of a RRTWC as per Reg 114 of the Regulation.
OHSA is the No. 1 provider of this course in Qld. We have trained thousand’s of RRTW Coordinators over the past 20 years. Our trainers all have Post Graduate Allied Health Qualifications and extensive experience managing workplace injuries. This ensures that we are able to offer good advice to difficult cases you may currently be experiencing. The WHSQ Inspectorate, the Compensation Regulator and the Insurance Case Managers often attend our courses. Unlike other providers, we guarantee you that we won’t bore you to sleep reading legislation all day!! Other providers use trainers that are not actually able to provide the Rehabilitation Services they are instructing you about in these courses. Our facilitators are either Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists or Psychologists that have been performing Vocational Rehabilitation services such as work site visits, functional capacity evaluations, ergonomic assessments, job task analyses, vocational assessments etc for over 20 years. We are invited to lecture at Universities and conduct professional development workshops for Allied Health Providers in these fields.
This course will be suitable for any of the following:
- Human Resources Personnel
- Safety Advisors/ Officers / Auditors
- Allied Health Practitioners
- Insurers and Case Managers
- Managers and Business Owners
This course is designed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- Assist the employer to discharge legislative obligations as outlined in the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003, including any amendments and apply a working knowledge of this legislation;
- Coordinate the return to the workplace of an injured worker recognising current workplace rehabilitation best practice guidelines;
- Coordinate the development of a policy, procedures and appendices, to manage workplace rehabilitation within their own workplace;
- Raise the awareness of other members of the workforce (supervisors, managers, workers) regarding workplace rehabilitation;
- Identify the practical steps and administrative (paper work) procedures required following the injury of a worker and throughout their rehabilitation;
- Identify the role of key persons involved in the rehabilitation process;
- Communicate with injured workers, management, treating medical practitioners, worker’s compensation insurers’ staff and other key persons involved in the workplace rehabilitation process;
- Establish a plan (or work with an external provider to establish a plan) which meets the needs of an injured worker.
Upon completion of our training course, participants will be able to competently:
- Describe considerations for workplace rehabilitation in relation to a specific organisation;
- Locate information relevant to rehabilitation in the Queensland legislation;
- Coordinate rehabilitation with relevant stakeholders, particularly in relation to the recognition of paperwork, which may be used to facilitate the rehabilitation process;
- Identify the basic elements for keeping accurate and objective case notes containing details of communications between the worker, the rehabilitation and return to work coordinator and other relevant parties in order to monitor the effectiveness of rehabilitation;
- Create a basic two week suitable duties program;
- Identify methods of communicating workplace rehabilitation information to the workplace and to deliver basic information relating to this.
There are no pre-requisites for this course. Pre-reading activities will be sent to students upon enrolment. Students must complete the pre-reading and assessment questions prior to attending the course. There may be some post course work.
Assessments and Awards
BSBWHS407 – Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs